Snakes rest in cool, shaded areas during hot weather.
– Snakes are carnivorous predators, although they are preyed upon by other creatures, including snakes. They are very secretive in their hunting habits and survival strategies. Snakes avoid interactions with larger animals including humans.
– Avoid snakes as far as possible, including snakes performing for snake charmers.
Most of the snakebites occur in the rainy season and after flood, because snakes are compelled to come out from their living and hiding places.
Be especially vigilant about snakebites during the rainy season and after flood, and take adequate precautions while walking on the roads and fields.
– Much snakebites are encountered during ploughing, planting and harvesting.
– Never handle, threaten or attack a snake and never intentionally trap or corner a snake in an enclosed space.
– Do NOT put your hands or fingers or feet into holes or nest or places you cannot see or any hidden place, where snakes may live.