OAUTHC NANNM EMERGENCY PRESS RELEASE
Matters arising from Emergency OAUTHC NANNM congress.
The National Association of Nigeria Nurses and Midwives. OAUTHC unit held an emergency congress yesterday 21/06/2022 at the instance of current developments in the institution.
Congress resolved as follow:
1. That the congress does not have any trust in the panel constituted within 24hours, where similar event had happened without a response from the management.
- That a physician cannot head the panel as communicated by our lawyer. This is evident by the submission Of the Ag. CMAC, which has a tone of biases compared to that of the corporate affairs.
- That if the headship of the panel of enquiry committee is not changed to a neutral clinician, who could be a pharmacist, medical laboratory scientist or physiotherapist. NANNM will not be a party to such committee.
- That Dr. Bello chosen to head the committee is a physician and sworn under the Hippocratic Oath is already compromised as a member of the profession. More so, he has a private hospital training quacks and Other anti-nursing practices which bother on professionalism. Given all these. favoritism and partiality are bound to play out.
- That worse case that happened in ICU between a doctor and a nurse should be
resuscitated and treated alongside this case.
Attached are the copies or comments Of Acting CMAC dated 21/06/2022 and that Of the institution Cooperate Affairs dated on the subject matter.
Com. AJayi Olawale
Com. Oyeniyi Olayode